Oven free Baking - Pita bread on the stove top
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon dry yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 3 table spoon cooking oil
- 1 pinch salt
- 4 table spoon lukewarm water
- Normal water for kneading.
- Add yeast and sugar to the cup of warm water and stir.
- Leave for 2-3 mints.
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl.
- Add the yeast water to the bowl.
- Make a smooth and soft dough with the help of normal water.
- Cover the bowl and let the dough ferment for 4-5 hours.
- Divide dough into equal pieces.
- Roll each piece into ball.
- Roll each ball into round shape(like chapati) and leave for 15 minutes.
- Put the rolled chapati on preheated pan/tava and wait for small bubbles.
- Flip the chapati to other side and cook.
- Serve with thickened gravy.